If we just had a conversation that was valuable to you. Here is the "ask" with which I follow up when somebody gives me positive feedback on an exchange. Please do any or all of the following (and forgive me if these seem obvious to you, or you've already done them):
- Let the person who directed you to me know that you followed up and found our time together valuable. Thank her or him for the connection.
- Sign up for an account to this website. When you get the return acceptance, put info in your profile area including a sketch of your existing and planned projects.
- Let me know a) what I might be able to do for you, and b) what you need in general, whether or not you think I can help.
- Send me your notes from our conversation, so I know what caught your attention/you found important and may respond to continue deepening the conversation.
- Send me a brief endorsement I can use, based on what you like of my proposals, or a challenge (a bit of feedback of any kind) that helps me cover new ground.
Appreciating your time, excellent energy, and good intentions,