An event that occurred at
Shin Budo Kai
77 8th Ave. New York NY 10014 (@14th St.)
Tue. Dec. 22 from 12 noon until 5pm.
All are welcome to join facilitators of the martial, somatic, performing, visual, and liberal arts as they explore the edges and overlaps of their work, as it relates to building sustainable communities by practicing peace.
- Martha Eddy: Dynamic Embodiment, Somatic Movement Therapy Training (BMC, Laban/Bartenieff, much more), and movement education for peace through the body
- Paul Linden: Aikido, Being In Movement® mindbody education, and BIM Embodied Peacemaking (Feldenkrais Method, Ishinryu Karate)
- Rosa Naparstek: community building through aesthetic experience--making connections between Art and Personal/Political transformation
- Charles Colten: Aikido in the Schools, Nonviolent Communication, Embodied Conflict Resolution, Aikisomatics
- Brandon WilliamsCraig: the Process Arts idea, Aikido and Martial Nonviolence® facilitation, mythology and cultural activism
- Others, TBA, including Bill Leicht of Urban Visions and Aiki Extensions Intl.