International Aiki Peaceweek Classes with Brandon Williamscraig
What tools does aikido present to the practitioner which immediately lend themselves to practicing peace?
- "Zen-like" regular practice of balance, breath, and beginners/receptive mind/spirit
- Regular practice of a blending physical connection with self, other, and world (floor/ organization of space)
- Omoto "aiki" ethics
- Pragmatic Poetics: functional while non-literal images and themes which cross usual boundaries into other area of practice.
- Leadership Style (Kayla Sensei's spirit)
- Three phase practice model
- Kihon/Basic/Full stops/Self-balance and angle analysis/solid but helpful uke
- Ki-no-nagare/Slowly in motion/no stops/Other-connection and continuity of connection/fluid but honest uke
- Ki musubi/Woven into a moment/Now/whole system martial timing/challenging uke
- Community: of understanding, potlucks and passages, mutual support practice, helpful challenge-level
- Explicit expectation of "Conflict Done Well"
- Takemusu: explicit encouragement of emergence, sylistic variation, and improvisation